Chicago, IL- Back in May, TAPROOT of Illinois, then headed by Dave Diersen, offered Dan Proft the opportunity in an open forum to answer some serious questions about his funding operations raised by Illinois Citizens for Ethics Reform.
Questions that involve Proft’s long standing relationship with corrupt CICERO PRESIDENT LARRY DOMINICK, MOB-CONNECTED CRAIG PESEK, and Proft’s political shell groups – all funded by the same former campaign bundlers to BARACK OBAMA (more than $230,000) and top contributors to RAHM EMANUEL (more than $200,000 in 2011). The same donors who are linked to SOROS FUND MANAGEMENT.
These same contributors also gave $30,000 to help unseat REP. DON MANZULLO and have been named in a political contributions scheme being questioned by the Crain’s Chicago Business and the Springfield Journal Register.
But Dan Proft did not want to answer those questions in an open forum and refused to come to TAPROOT – despite the fair forum Diersen offered him.
In order to prevent those uncomfortable questions from being asked, Jim McInerney engineered a takeover of TAPROOT and demoted Diersen from his leadership position in June.
According to Diersen, McInerney says his plan is to terminate the meetings, TAPROOT’s annual picnic and Christmas party – calling them a “waste of time.” To date, McInerney has even refused to reimburse Diersen his expenses paid on behalf of TAPROOT.
Now the “new” TAPROOT under McInerney will be meeting this Saturday at the Lisle/Naperville Hilton at 8AM and Dan Proft will be speaking.
The meeting presents TAPROOT members an opportunity to ask the tough questions that deserve to be asked:
– What is Proft’s relationship with Cicero president Larry Dominick and mob-connected Craig Pesek?
– How did he get a public affairs contract with Dominick, a former police chief under convicted felon Betty Loren Maltese?
– Did he have a public affairs contract with Craig Pesek, who was caught on FBI surveillance tapes last year discussing a mob-connected bombing? How did that contract come about?
– Did he accept campaign contributions from Pesek?
– Why did Proft help mob-connected Pesek get on the State Central Republican Committee?
– Why did Proft run candidates against tea party candidates in the recent March primary? Why did he support candidates with Democrat voting records over Republican ones?
– Why did Proft send bullying emails to tea party organizers who disinvited him from speaking at their organizations?
– – Why is Proft’s Liberty PAC listed at addresses used by Illinois Policy Institute?
– Is Proft a paid consultant to the Illinois Opportunity Project?
– Why is Proft accepting donations from donors linked to George Soros who bundled $230,000 for Barack Obama and $200,000 to Rahm Emanuel in 2011?
– Why are political action committees – committees that fund Proft’s Liberty PAC candidates – operating out of Illinois Policy Institute?
– Since McInerney does not attend regular TAPROOT meetings, why did he engineer a takeover of the organization? What does he hope to gain?
– Will he be reimbursing Dave Diersen his expenses?
These are just a few of the questions that deserve to be asked. Concerned conservatives of TAPROOT have a unique opportunity this Saturday to get the facts.
Now, TAPROOT OF ILLINOIS, it is up to you to do just that.